April is another strong month for the Columbus sports community! In addition to the seasons getting underway for the Columbus Crew, Columbus Clippers and local college spring sports, the city will be hosting the following sporting events this month:
- The Ohio Valley Region of USA Volleyball Regional & National Qualifying Tournaments will be hosted April 9-10th at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
- The U.S. National Synchronized Swimming Championships will be hosted April 13-16th at the McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion on the campus of The Ohio State University.
- The NCAA Men’s Gymnastics Championships will be hosted April 15-16th at St. John Arena on the campus of The Ohio State University.
- The Ohio Tournament of Champions will be hosted April 16th at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. This event is America’s only modified wrestling championships and is the largest one day amateur wrestling tournament in the world.
- Columbus will also host two college All-Star games in the Ohio Army National Guard Football Senior Bowl II, which will be hosted at Crew Stadium on April 23rd. The game will also be broadcast on SportsTime Ohio. Former Ohio State Head Coach Earle Bruce will be the keynote speaker at the event’s banquet. Lee Owens (Ashland) and Henry Stanford (Capital) will be the game’s coaches.
- The second local All-Star game is the 3rd Annual Ohio College All-Star Basketball Classic, which will be hosted April 17th at Upper Arlington High School Gymnasium. This game will feature Ohio’s Top College Seniors from high school and college conferences such as the Big 10, Big East, Atlantic 10, Mid-American Conference, Horizon League, Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference, Ohio Athletic Conference and more. The Boys High School Game is at noon, with the Men’s Small College Game at 1:45 and the Men’s Division I College Game at 3:30 p.m.