As spring comes into full bloom, weekends remain busy for Columbus’ sports community. If you’re a soccer fan, gymnastics fan, swimming fan, wrestling fan, baseball or basketball fan, you’re in luck. See what the weekend holds below!
- The Columbus Crew will look to run the team’s unbeaten streak to four games and stay unbeaten at home versus Eastern Conference rival Sporting KC this Saturday. The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be televised on ONN.
- Ohio State is welcoming the nation’s best in synchronized swimming for the U.S. Senior National Championships this weeked at the McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion.
- The NCAA Men’s Gymnastics Championships will be hosted April 15-16th at St. John Arena on the campus of The Ohio State University. So far the Buckeyes are faring well versus the rest of the nation.
- On Saturday, the Ohio Tournament of Champions will be hosted at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. This event is America’s only modified wrestling championships and is believed to be the largest one day amateur wrestling tournament in the world.
- On Saturday, the Columbus Clippers will be hosting a parade to celebrate the Clippers’ 2010 Triple-A Championship title prior to Saturday, April 16th’s Opening Day game! The parade will begin at 2:00 PM, and will begin at the corner of 5th St. and Mt Vernon Ave. It will follow Nationwide Blvd and conclude at the corner of Nationwide Blvd and Neil Avenue.
- On Sunday, the 3rd Annual Ohio College All-Star Basketball Classic will give basketball fans a last dose of college basketball and have a Buckeye feel. The event is Sunday, April 17th at Upper Arlington in the High School Gymnasium and will feature elite players and competition in three games:
- The Boys High School Game – 12:00 p.m.
- The Men’s Small College Game – 1:45 p.m.
- The Men’s Division I College Game – 3:30 p.m.
Ohio State’s own David Lighty, Jon Diebler, Dallas Lauderdale and Eddie Days will play in the Division I game. Top College Seniors from high school and college conferences such as the Big 10, Big East, Atlantic 10, Mid-American Conference, Horizon League, Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference, Ohio Athletic Conference will also be featured. Tickets are $5.